Today I met up with E and D to go to Colonia Guell today (S8 from Placa Espanya). It's a beautiful, peaceful village a little outside Barcelona.

This is a picture of the (unfinished) church that Gaudi designed for Guell. It was actually supposed to be gigantic. Later, we saw that they were holding a wedding there.
One of the stained glass windows, as seen from the inside of the church.
I really enjoy the design of the balcony area. I believe it's a private home now.
This was taken in Placa Joan Guell.  It's a statue of Eusebi Guell, founder of the colony. On the left, you can see the place where we had lunch.
Lunch was delicious! We did the menu del dia, which gives you the choice of two courses, dessert, and a drink for 10 euro. For the first course, we all ordered fideua, which is like a seafood paella with thin noodles instead of rice. Also, the flan was delicious and I regret not taking a picture of it before eating it. Next time!
This is part of the school, which I found slightly awe-inspiring.
Here's to spontaneity! (I was completely unaware of the existence of this place until about an hour or so before getting on the train.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

About Me

My photo
Anyone who knows me knows that I'm not stealthy in the slightest.

Followers

Powered by Blogger.