This weekend was a blur of tours and eating delicious food. On Friday, I believe we took a tour of the university and then I went out with E, E, A, and B. We had a great time pretending to be Spanish (E is excellent at coming up with fake names on the fly; mine is Clara). We briefly chatted with students from University of Richmond.

On Saturday we left for Costa Brava, specifically Figueras. There, we ate at L'Ou d'OR (on C. Sant Llatzer). I'm copying this from the itinerary; I don't even remember which restaurant this was. Clearly I should have taken notes. Or at least more pictures. Anyway, then we proceeded to Museo Dali, which mostly focused on works that relate to his relationship with Gala, and Museo Joyas Dali, or Dali's jewelry museum, which I (unfortunately) don't have pictures of.

I love Dali; that loaf of bread is so odd.

It's raining!
Look, K! A caduceus! (I had to look up how to spell that and it was really annoying.)
I didn't even realize this was Lincoln until after I took the picture. I thought it was just a Venus de Milo thing.
A bathroom on the ceiling?
A nose fireplace?

While in Costa Brava, we stayed at a lovely rural hostel that used to be a farm. Here, you can see the entrance.
Aside from the Dali museums, we went to the Exile Memorial Museum, which was quite eye-opening.
I had the most delicious cookies this weekend! I find the name absolutely hilarious, and I bought more when I returned to Barcelona (they were on sale). By the way, I also recommend the oatmeal ones.
Here's a picture of the Costa Brava beach. Or the water, rather. The water was freezing at first, but I got acclimated.

This bridge is brought to you by the maker of the Eiffel Tower! They call it el pont de les Peixateries Velles/Old Fishmonger's Bridge.

Here's to surrealism and delicious, healthy cookies!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

About Me

My photo
Anyone who knows me knows that I'm not stealthy in the slightest.

Followers

Powered by Blogger.