At home, September 11th is the day we remember the terrorist attacks that occurred in 2001. However in Catalunya, it's the Dia Nacional de Catalunya. Today, they celebrated their...defeat in 1714. I find that very odd, but it is what it is. Today, they had political demonstrations (because many want independence from Spain) and concerts and such, as well as castellers!

Note the small child scurrying up to the top.
After getting to the top, he unfurled the flag of Catalunya.
This tower was built to give floral offerings.
Another tower! This one's taller.
He dropped it!
I'd never seen this game before. You use this odd tool to try to get the ball in the basket.
A few days ago, it occurred to me that I haven't been taking pictures of all my food, like I usually do when I travel or whatever. So I started. This is the pizza I ate today, at a place nearby the university. A and I agree that we are not returning. Service was terrible. Croquettes were good though.
My host mom made nuggets del pollo.
Escalibada
Filete de panga
 Here's to the people who lost their loved ones nine years ago.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

About Me

My photo
Anyone who knows me knows that I'm not stealthy in the slightest.

Followers

Powered by Blogger.