Hello! This will be a record of my adventures in Barcelona (and thereabouts) in this upcoming semester. Potentially, I should have written this first entry before leaving for the airport, but I suppose that couldn’t be helped. Next time, I’ll try not to procrastinate so much. At least I’m not H, who has been in Argentina for about a month without having written anything. But to each, their own.

I paid $1.65 for this ridiculously delicious piece of baklava. It was completely worth it; I haven't had baklava in months.
Thanks to K for the idea of taking a before-flight and an after-flight picture! Although I felt utterly ridiculous, posing in the airport with my ugly carry-on (my sister’s backpack). This feeling was exacerbated by the fact that my father decided that it would be a good idea to take a picture with me. He ended up asking a random man, whose adorable child insisted on taking it for us. See Facebook for pictures...

I am slightly worried that I under-packed. Closing my suitcase and my duffel bag was not a struggle at all, which is somewhat worrisome. Also, I was unable to find Wite-Out. I know that doesn’t sound like an especially big deal, but I really love using Wite-Out. I use it all the time, and how am I supposed to correct mistakes in my letters if I don’t have Wite-Out? I hate going over things after I’ve written them, and I’m pretty weird about whiting-out my mistakes. Therefore, I’m going to put it on my (ever-growing) list of things to buy when I’m in Barcelona.

In other news, I am (super!) excited to land in Frankfurt and try expensive airport food there. Here’s hoping I get some sleep on the plane! It rarely happens, and this time, I don’t even have a pillow.

On my flight to Frankfurt, I sat next to a lovely Polish girl who worked as a nanny for her cousin in the Hamptons this summer. In that same flight, I managed to leave almost all of my makeup. Time to go shopping! It’s a good thing I brought my Sephora card with me. I suppose that’s just more to add to the shopping list…

Also, I officially am not a fan of the Frankfurt airport—it’s seriously gigantic and crazy crowded. I was so frazzled and exhausted when I finally got to my gate. On top of that, I did not get a chance to go to the Lost and Found for my makeup. I am contemplating calling them, but it probably won’t happen. Also, while I was at the airport, I got two postcards of Germany for 1.40 euro. 

I really enjoyed that Lufthansa announced everything three times-once in German, and then again in English and Spanish. This wasn’t particularly surprising—just new to me. 
On the plane to Barcelona, they gave us these amazing chocolate bars!  I’m such a fan that I got an extra one from one of the flight attendants. I really hope I get more on my way back to the states. I might even have to go to Germany just to stock up =P
 My host mom is so great and she’s already teaching me so much vocabulary! I feel pretty inadequate in the grammar/vocabulary department, actually, but I'm optimistic. Today she served me tortilla (de patatas) and we went to Simply Meridiana, a nearby supermarket for necessary toiletries.
Here's to befriending random strangers and living in a foreign country!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

About Me

My photo
Anyone who knows me knows that I'm not stealthy in the slightest.

Followers

Powered by Blogger.