My host mom and I woke up really early (at around 8 =P) and took two trains to get to la playa (the beach!). It was my first time swimming in the Mediterranean. We actually went to a beach outside of Barcelona-at Montgat Nord. I didn't bring my camera because I fear pickpockets. I actually spent at least two days prior to coming here, reading about scams online. It was a bit alarming.

Then we proceeded to Las Glorias--a mall nearby my homestay. I'm really looking forward to returning soon; I only brought 5 euros with me (again, fear of pickpockets thwarts my plans again). Thus, I was unable to purchase anything.

When we returned, I was able to relax and watch a bit of television, including Bob Esponja (yes, that means what you think it means!). It's nice to have something familiar, aside from the (four!) Dunkin Coffee's I spotted today.

I met up with the rest of my group in Placa Catalunya, specifically outside Bar/Cafe Zurich. We proceeded to the Barcelona Bus Turistic. I'd never been on one of those buses before, and I brought my camera because it seemed relatively safe...Unfortunately, I neglected to remember that I left my memory card in my laptop...

Dinner at La Veronica was pretty amazing! I ordered la pizza Veronica, which comes with apples. I thought it was such a bizarre concept, but I figured that I had to order it so...it happened. It was actually delicious. However, in Barcelona, people do not get "doggie bags." They just throw your leftovers out. So don't order something you can't finish; it's such a waste! I find this rather odd, considering that everyone here recycles (there are three bins on every other block) and they all try to conserve water by taking short showers.

Here's to clean public transportation (the city hires people to clean the tracks, so I have yet to spot litter or a rat)!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

About Me

My photo
Anyone who knows me knows that I'm not stealthy in the slightest.

Followers

Powered by Blogger.