So this weekend I visited B in Norwich, where she's studying abroad! I really love her program--she lives in a dorm with tons of other British people, so I met several of them. I'm quite jealous, actually.


Since she hadn't been exploring Norwich much during this time, all the touristy things were as new to her as they were to me. So on Saturday, we set out to explore the town and we got off the double decker bus when we spotted a sign for the Cathedral, which turned out to be the Cathedral Church of St. John the Baptist (or the Roman Catholic one), not the Norwich Cathedral. It actually took us a few more hours to get to the latter, mostly because we somehow got distracted by the Chapelfield Shopping Centre (terrible, I know). I got a lovely new dress out of it though. Anyway, I loved the stained glass windows and the doors in the Roman Catholic Church. Here's a picture.

We also went to the Forum, which houses this amazing library--the Millennium Library. You also get a great view of...some cathedral (?) from the inside.


On our way to find the Norwich Cathedral, we passed by the Theatre Royal. Then when we reached our destination, we realized that we'd completely failed; we'd been following the signs for the Roman Catholic Cathedral, not realizing that it referred to the one that we'd already been to. On the bright side, while back tracking, we had the opportunity to go through this lovely park--Chapelfield Gardens. I tried to stealthily take a picture of random costumed teenagers, but it didn't come out very well.
I promise I wasn't hiding in a bush or anything.
On Sunday, we made our way to Norwich Castle Museum & Art Gallery, which had awesome teapots. I actually think I want to collect crazy teapots now. Not normal ones though--just weird ones. Despite the fact that I don't actually use teapots (maybe I would if I had one?). Here's one of Humpty Dumpty. It's really cute.
Here's to catching up with B! Can't wait to see you this summer!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

About Me

My photo
Anyone who knows me knows that I'm not stealthy in the slightest.

Followers

Powered by Blogger.