Last weekend, I went on a day trip to Stonehenge and Bath. Stonehenge was a bit underwhelming (honestly, I probably would have enjoyed it more had it been sunny when I'd gone) but I absolutely loved Bath. By the time we arrived in our second destination, it was lovely and sunny, allowing us to fully enjoy the beauty and architecture of the small town.

We started off with a walking tour through the area, in which the tour guide pointed out several notable sights, including the Royal Crescent, the Bath Abbey, and the Pulteney Bridge, which is one of the world's most beautiful bridges, as well as one of the few bridges with shops built into it. The guide actually mentioned another bridge that fits this criteria--the Ponte Vecchio in Florence, which makes me all the more excited to see it during spring break with K!

Outside the Bath Abbey, there's two statues and apparently one of them lost their heads a while back. Note the space between the head and the...top bit. Anyway, they sculpted a new face out of the beard.
After the tour, we had lunch at Sally Lunn's, which is located in the oldest house in Bath. Incidentally, it sells buns, and I can't recommend it enough! I finally had scones with jam and clotted cream. I know I've had that before, but this time, it was in the U.K. Therefore, it's completely different, I promise. Also, apparently Charles Dickens was a fan of Sally Lunn's buns as well. 
Here's a picture of half of a Sally Lunn bun (I actually really love saying that, in case you didn't realize). It was delicious.
Here's an image of the Roman Baths.
Although I did not manage to get inside the Jane Austen Centre (our time was limited), I did manage a picture with the mannequin outside. I also read reviews saying that the museum is a bit of a tourist trap, which I can believe, especially given the fact that the aforementioned mannequin exists. So I suppose I didn't miss much.

Here's to sunshine! Now that I'm living in London, I get abnormally excited when I see a glimpse of sun. And I tend to keep track of how many times I see sunshine in a week.

1 comments:

Yay for Firenze! :D

Post a Comment

About this blog

About Me

My photo
Anyone who knows me knows that I'm not stealthy in the slightest.

Followers

Powered by Blogger.